Monday, September 28, 2009

Soon, I promise!

I may not have many readers but for my own sense of accomplishment I've been getting antsy about my lack of posting.

The problem: my roommates and I still do not have internet access at home.

What this means: though I may be able to paint an acceptable picture of my adventure with words alone, the coolness factor is seriously upped with the sparse but illuminating pictures I took. These pictures are on my home computer. Ergo, I eagerly await my internet fix. Stolen moments at work do not easily lend themselves to a Wikipedia binge.

The solution: the Verizon dude is coming tomorrow to see what's the what. Cross your fingers.

Footnotes: 1 my grad school applications have been received by the institutions to which I applied. All I can do now is wait to see if I get interviews. 2 I will be donating my eggs again this fall. I have re-submitted my gene pool for chlorine level testing (don't want their eyes to burn) and updated my array of photos (I'm cuter now than in college. Does this mean I'll age well?) 3 To supplement my paltry income I'm going to start coaching again. Only basic skills group lessons but hey ... I get to be on the ice again. That is more than worth giving up an hour or two on my weekends.

Addendum: While The Travelers Notebook and their affiliated sites capture my ADHD-driven attention span, my current favorite travel blog would have to be that of Mr. Colin Wright: Exile Lifestyle. My jealously is kept to a minimum by his straightforward, reflective writing. It just has such a great flow to it. If there is anything lacking in my writing it's flow. Even in my poems I tend to lose track of the point.

So get ready, prepare yourself for a photo-filled, link-a-licious blog soon to be gracing this page. I'll apologize in advance for the less-than-awesome photo quality. I'm asking my parents for a much better camera for Chrismukkah this year. Necessities: black, protruding lens with auto-focus, button that makes a *clack* noise when you take a picture, not 7 years old and with fewer megapixels than my cell phone's camera.

Later days. Wish me luck on making it through my Yom Kippur fast today!

No comments:

Post a Comment