Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Now That You're Here

Summer has finally arrived in Boston! While appreciated, it seems awfully sudden without the meandering stroll up the thermometer that usually happens in June and the beginning of July.

Due to this heat and humidity, I have absolutely 100% no desire whatsoever to cook. The warmest I'm willing to go at the moment is microwave.

Hence my genius dinner plans for the rest of this week: frozen yogurt. Or as I endearingly call it, fro yo. My absolute favorite place to obtain this tart, cold, creamy, low-fat treat is a local Boston chain called BerryLine. There are three locations: between Harvard and Central Squares, between Harvard and Porter Squares, and by the Fenway T stop. The first store is conveniently a three block walk from my house. Yes, I go there all too often. I've already gone through one "rewards" card and had my free medium with one topping.

Oh the toppings! Feeling healthy? Numerous fruits to choose from, as well as granola. Nursing a sweet tooth? A solid selection of candy options is also at your beck and call. BerryLine and I were meant to be.

In other news, tonight I am 'auditioning' for Kaplan. If hired I will be instructing a prep course for the GREs. This will be the first time in my life I will have two jobs concurrently, unless you count being a student while working part-time in college.

The Kaplan audition consists of giving a 5 minute how-to presentation to show that you're capable of teaching somebody how to do something. While engaging the audience. They recommend choosing a topic with which you are fairly familiar to make yourself more comfortable in front of the audience. So I've decided to give instruction on how to take a blood pressure. Considering I take BPs, on average, 15-20 times a day it's safe to say that I'm familiar with the topic.

So wish me luck! These days we could all use a little extra income.

No comments:

Post a Comment